it is probably bizarre for relief to come after the weekend, upon my return to 8-5 in a swivel chair. but it's true. here is my monday list of things for which to be thankful:
1. today was breezy, and the heat was not so stifling.
2. i was able to talk myself down from a random panic attack on my lunch hour.
3. i came home to a new book in my mailbox.
4. i am no longer dogsitting.
5. my work contract has been extended for another 6 to 8 weeks, which means continued constant income for the rest of the summer.
6. my bank account has not been overdrawn for a long time now.
7. we went swimming tonight under a full moon.
8. i found a pudding cup in the refrigerator after i thought i'd eaten them all. (now, there are officially all gone.)
9. while sitting on the patio writing this, crickets are singing, and i am not sweating.
10. helen is healing.
bloggers, unite: i dare you to make your own list of 10 things you are thankful for as you read this. go on, you can do it...
(we don't need turkeys and pumpkin pie to remember...)Posted by bananie at June 20, 2005 9:20 PM |